Why High Quality Pre-K?
Children who Participate in High Quality Pre-K:
- Demonstrate higher academic achievement
- Are less likely to repeat a grade
- Less likely to require special education classes
- More likely to graduate from high school
- More likely to enroll in college
- Less likely to participate in criminal activity during their juvenile or adult years
- Less likely to be victims of child maltreatment or neglect
- As adults are less likely to be unemployed
- More likely to have higher earning than similar students who do not participate in Pre-K
- Less likely to depend on public assistance, become teenage parents, or endanger their health by smoking.
Online Registration for the 2017-2018 Program Year
REGISTRATION FOR THE UPCOMING DRAWING MAY BE COMPLETED ONLINE USING A COMPUTER OR SMART PHONE. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE SUBMITTED TO MOVING4WARD TO BE INCLUDED IN THE RANDOM DRAWING PROCESS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS PLEASE contact the program that you want to register for to complete the process. Please note that Drew Court Moving4Ward Pre-k has a different code than the Coosa Moving4Ward pre-k.
Pre-registration Form in English = http://alpreK.education/A
Pre-registration Form in Spanish = http://alpreK.education/B
Source Code for Central Elementary Moving4Ward pre k
Moving4Ward Pre-K Sites
Source code for Drew Court Child Development Moving4Ward Pre k
To be eligible, children must turn four by September 1 of each school year.
Drew Court Child Development Center
1 Crestline Avenue
Sylacauga, Alabama 35044
*Serving 18 eligible children
Central Elementary School - Coosa County
Rockford, Alabama 35136
*Two classrooms serving 18 eligible children in each classroom