Click here for Employment Opportunities with TCR Child Care Corporation
Why High Quality Pre-K?
Children who Participate in High Quality Pre-K:
- Demonstrate higher academic achievement
- Are less likely to repeat a grade
- Less likely to require special education classes
- More likely to graduate from high school
- More likely to enroll in college
- Less likely to participate in criminal activity during their juvenile or adult years
- Less likely to be victims of child maltreatment or neglect
- As adults are less likely to be unemployed
- More likely to have higher earning than similar students who do not participate in Pre-K
- Less likely to depend on public assistance, become teenage parents, or endanger their health by smoking.
-Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before September 1 and who are residents of the state of Alabama
-Enrollees must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate
-Enrollees must provide proof of residence-either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortage
-No registration fee
-Upon enrollment, child's immunization records must be provided
Moving4Ward Pre-K Sites
|January15-March 30 (Ongoing)
||Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com. Complete the Pre-Registration Form and submit birth certificate and proof of residence,
|Visit www.children.alabama.gov. and see Pre-Registration Info under First Class Pre-K.
|Acceptance to the Program:
||Acceptance is strictly through random drawing to be held in April. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Notices will be emailed.
To be eligible, children must turn four by September 1 of each school year.
Drew Court Child Development Center
1 Crestline Avenue
Sylacauga, Alabama 35044
*Serving 18 eligible children
Central Elementary School - Coosa County
Rockford, Alabama 35136
*Two classrooms serving 18 eligible children in each classroom